Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
1956-Castle-Shannon-Incline-South-Side.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  View of the Castle Shannon Incline from Carson Street.  It was originally built in 1890 as part of the Pittsburgh and Castle Shannon Railroad as a means of transporting people over Mt. Washington.  Its large cars were able to carry both passengers and automobiles. Originally steam-powered, it was converted to electrical operation in 1918 by the Otis Elevator Company. The incline was closed on the 21st of June 1964.[