Ad Agency: Ketchum MacLeod & Grove
Product: Bordon's Lustro Ware Plastic Food Containters
Location: Brady Stewart Studio, 211 Empire Building, Pittsburgh PA
Studio photography of Borden's Lustro Ware plastic bowls. Gebhard W. Keny and W. J. Braley founded Columbus Plastics Company in 1938, in Columbus, Ohio. In 1946, the Columbus brand name was changed to Lustroware, a complete line of thermoplastic housewares. By 1966, when the company was acquired by the Borden Company, seven hundred people were employed to produce more than three hundred items in the product line.