Living in Western Pennsylvania 1930-1949

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 4 of 214
< Prev Next >
1930-Pittsburgh's-Shantytown-4.jpg
Pittsburgh PA: Two men and a cat passing the time.  The 17th Street Bridge is in the background. During the depression, the area from the PA RR Station to the 17th street bridge was called Shantytown.  Father Cox, a local priest, helped the residents through food kitchens and highlighting their plight.  Brady Stewart photographed the area for the City of Pittsburgh.