City of Pittsburgh 1930s

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 6 of 146
< Prev Next >
1930-Pittsburgh's-Shantytown-3.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  Pittsburgh's Shantytown near St Elisabeth's church.  During the depression, the area from the PA RR Station to the 17th street bridge was called Shantytown.  Father Cox, a local priest, helped the residents through food kitchens and highlighting their plight.  Brady Stewart photographed the area for the City of Pittsburgh.