City of Pittsburgh 1900-1985

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 47 of 317
< Prev Next >
1907-Schenley-Park-hill.jpg
Oakland Section of Pittsburgh:  View of Schenley Park, Schenley Bridge, and the Carnegie Institute from Flagstaff Hill.  The image includes the statue of Edward Manning Bigelow, Director of Public Works, and the Electric Fountain, the bottom of Flagstaff Hill.  The Carnegie Institute (Library) is located to the right across the St Pierre Ravine.  The image includes the Schenley Bridge which was built in 1897 by architect Henry Rust.  Company signs near the Institue include: Keech's Furniture, Hershey's Cocoa, Tom Keene Cigars, Pickerings Furniture, Cubanola sheet music, and Red Raven Splits.