Advertising and Products 1946 to 1959

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 20 of 100
< Prev Next >
1952-Pittsburgh-Airport-Taxi.jpg
Moon Township PA:  View of the main entrance and 1949 Dodge Taxi cabs waiting for a fare on opening night at the new Greater Pittsburgh Airport. <br />
<br />
In 1944, Allegheny County officials proposed to expand the military airport with the addition of a commercial passenger terminal in order to relieve the Allegheny County Airport, which was built in 1926 and whose capacity was quickly becoming insufficient to support the growing demand for air travel.  The new airport, christened as Greater Pittsburgh Airport opened on May 31, 1952. The first flight occurred on June 3, 1952.