« back to search results

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 5
Next >
1930-Shantytown-3.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  Pittsburgh's Shantytown near St Elisabeth's church - the Strip District of Pittsburgh 1930.  During the depression, the area from the PA RR Station to the 17th street bridge was called Shantytown.  Father Cox, a local priest, helped the residents through food kitchens and highlighting their plight.  Brady Stewart photographed the area for the City of Pittsburgh.