Pittsburgh PA: View of the University of Pittsburgh Memorial Field House - 1958. Completed in 1951, the field house was home for the Pitt Panthers basketball team, other Pitt athletic teams and the Duquesne Dukes from 1956-1964. The name was changed to the Fitzgerald Field House in the late 1950s. Building was designed by Ingham, Boyd and Pratt. They were one of the premier architects in Pittsburgh and did a lot of work for universities, hospitals and local school districts in the Pittsburgh area. The successor firm is IKM, Inc.