Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
1937-Buhl-study-2b.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  View of a rendering created by J.A. Mitchell of the new Buhl Planetarium.  This view is of the building's left side  view and elevation.  The project was completed in 1939.  The Buhl Planetarium was built with monies from the Buhl Foundation; a foundation created by the wealthy North Side clothier Henry Buhl of Boggs and Buhl department store fame.  Brady Stewart was selected for the job due to his specialized equipment; an 8x10 Dierdorff camera, and his expertise in lighting and photographing large renderings and drawings.