Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
1937-Buhl-study-2C.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  View of a rendering created by J.A. Mitchell of the new Buhl Planetarium.  This view is of  the cross-section of the interior's top two floors.  The project was completed in 1939.  The Buhl Planetarium was built with monies from the Buhl Foundation; a foundation created by the wealthy North Side clothier Henry Buhl of Boggs and Buhl department store fame.  Brady Stewart was selected for the job due to his specialized equipment; an 8x10 Dierdorff camera, and his expertise in lighting and photographing large renderings and drawings.