Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
1930-Shantytown-2.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  Looking south toward the Pennsylvania Railroad's Union Station - the Strip District of Pittsburgh 1930.   During the depression, the area from the PA RR Station to the 17th street bridge was called Shantytown.  Father Cox, a local priest, helped the residents through food kitchens and highlighting their plight.  Brady Stewart photographed the area for the City of Pittsburgh.