Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
1947-Mellon-Institute.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:  The Mellon Institute of Industrial Research was founded in 1913 by Andrew W. Mellon and Richard B. Mellon.  In 1967, the Mellon Institute merged with Carnegie Mellon University. The building has the largest monolithic columns in the world. The Mellon Institute is located in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh - 1947.