Pittsburgh Buildings That Are Gone

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 33 of 273
< Prev Next >
1930-Shantytown-1.jpg
Pittsburgh PA:. The Penn Avenue and 17th Street Incline near Shantytown - the Strip District of Pittsburgh 1930.  During the depression, the area from the PA RR Station to the 17th street bridge was called Shantytown.  Father Cox, a local priest, helped the residents through food kitchens and highlighting their plight.  Brady Stewart photographed the area for the City of Pittsburgh.